Friday, September 14, 2012

MC2 Post 1389 Why Do Great Writers Soar and Also Rans Seem So Pedestrian






Mostly because of Audible, I've been consuming quite a few books of late.  And since my tastes are all over the place I get quite a variety in my reading.

To those who think Audible is not technically "reading"  I beg to differ.  Besides, I read the usual forms as well, both the hard cover and paperback ones too.  Here's a snap of a few on my nightstand.







I just watched the DVD of HBO's John Adams based on the book by David McCullough.  A very well done production, as HBO usually does, but if you've "read" the book, like I've done again and again.  Sadly, it was just a pale shadow of the vibrant historical story the book gave us.   Good writing really does rise to the surface.






Arthur C. Clarke's The Fountains of Paradise touch me the same way.  Like a great feast, you can really taste the difference.

The ones I really like I go back to again and again, and Audible makes that so very easy.

A really good book ios a treasure.

Wingman.  

===========================================================
===========================================================




So Who Really Thinks This Place in Australia is 
Just a Walk-About  ???

Spectacular Modern Features Displayed by Nicholson Residence in Australia





From:  http://freshome.com






===================================
===================================


=============
=============


MC2 LOGO

=============
=============

No comments: